Interested in Partnering With Us?
Our program gets its direction from the rapidly changing field of translational medicine. We are continually creating opportunities for companies and organizations to partner with us to provide semester long internships and BioDesign projects for our students. Of interest are projects in the areas of medical devices, wearable technology, and health related smart phone app development.
Examples of possible projects include:
One semester project examples (internships):
- Performing cost analysis of new wearable biosensor
- Test suitable customer/market segment for a specific design or idea
- Explore intellectual property patents similar to a particular product and suggest product novelty
- Create custom FDA approval plan for product
Two/three semester project examples (extended internship/BioDesign project):
- Refine a medical device concept, build prototype
- Create design models to address a specific clinical need
Other opportunities to partner with us include:
- Serving on our external advisory board
- Participating as a mentor for our current graduate students
- Being a guest lecture on a specific topic related to medical product commercialization
- Creating internship and employment opportunities for our students after they graduate